Tuesday, September 11, 2012

On this day 11 years ago I began a journey... The abominable events of that day was an impetus for me and set me on a path of profound questioning, mourning, introspection, anger, fear, soul trembling excavation, mindfulness, awareness, forgiveness, full spectrum healing, gratitude, and a deeper understanding of the immeasurable value and grace of the present moment.

 I was a flight attendant at the time and my life was forever changed that moment when I heard the news. I was on my way home from a trip I had worked to Los Angeles. Driving over the Bay Bridge, the news erupted through the radio. It was vague at first as they were putting the pieces together moment by moment. But by the time I completed my journey over that bridge it was clear. Something catastrophic beyond words was occurring.

 Now 11 years later, living with a deeper level of understanding and awareness of the metaphors in life, I cannot help but ponder the numerology and also my being on a bridge/ a bridge in that moment. Being one of heightened sensitivity, I could not help but feel unsettled about the nightmares I had both before and after the attacks and also grateful for the insight that was gifted me on a personal level. Being one of wonderment, I cannot help but feel in awe as I now look at that bridge everyday from the front of my home .

 One evening last September a triple rainbow appeared in the Bay originating in the very spot on the Bay Bridge where I was 11 years ago. It was a blessing and another confirmation that the world around us is fully alive and active in our daily lives on so many levels if we just pay attention. I had planned to begin this blog next week when I had it scheduled on my calendar--ha--laugh--wink.


"Life is what happens to you while you are busy making plans."
                                                                                -John Lennon
I think we can all resonate with this.

 During my meditation this morning it came to me that my blog was to be born today. Of course it would be born on this day. It feels synchronistic that it would come to life on such a significant day when emotions remain complexed and seemingly antagonistic. A day when 11 years ago human beings experienced both separation and connection simultaneously as we experienced a loss of our innocence.

 But that was yesterday and now today we are more aware that we can choose to live in a new paradigm. A paradigm of balance and of harmony where there is no separation because good and bad, lightness and darkness, masculine and feminine, heaven and earth all exist right here, right NOW. It is within each of us it is without~it all just 'is'. And all that 'is' need not be antagonstic beacause the heart is expansive enough to hold everything. Heart is truly amazing! When we tune into it, we know on a visceral level that there is no separation--there is only oneness.

 For me this day is about love and a reminder that we can hold a peaceful, harmonious space even when the material world around us is full of chaos and negativity. Let us remember that world peace begins with individual peace. And when a critical mass of human beings cultivate internal peace, it will be mirrored back to us with peace within our world.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." --Gandhi

And so on this day, September 11, 2012, I give birth to (HER) Harmonious Resistance Remembered. HER Blog is an experiential journey about connection to that divine space of harmony and bliss. A space that seems elusive at times yet it exists within each and every one of us. And when we remember~we live in LOVE.

 It is my hope that the words shared in this blog will enliven your soul. May you embrace that which resonates with you and respectfully set free that which does not. There are many paths to be be walked and ALL of them lead HOME.

 WE ARE ONE.

2 comments: